Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Random Thoughts


  • I've maintained my weight thus far this summer, staying around 186!  Yay me.  Hoping to continue to maintain, and then lose about 30 more pounds after the summer ends
  • Camp is hard on this new lifestyle.  Since starting on May 22nd, I've been to the gym a grand total of 2 times.  I need to find a way to get in more activity.
  • My hair is falling out, like by the handful.  I saw Dr. Newton on June 4th and he ordered some blood work.  I was expecting to have a thyroid issue so I was surprised to hear that I had a B12 deficiency. This has caused lots of questions...with very little answers. 
  • I'm taking B-12 shots.  One a day for a week, one a week for a month, then monthly.  
  • My hair continues to fall out and no one seems to know when it will stop or if it will grow back
  • I bought a wig last weekend, but feel embarrassed and ashamed to wear it.
  • I had an emotional breakdown yesterday.  
  • Read 2 Corinthians 12 "Therefore, in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me.  Three times I pleaded with the lord to take it away from me.  But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's  power may rest on me.  That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties.  For when I am weak, then I am strong."  Trying to trust in his sufficient grace and remember that I am more than the hairs on my head, and he knows their number...even if they are changing rapidly.
  • Struggling to stay positive and trust His plan
  • Thankful for praying friends who encourage me, love me, and accept me for who God created me to be.  
  • Anxious, stressed, and downright scared about what the future holds.
  • Thankful for an amazing Mom who loves me more than I deserve and supports me no matter what.
  • Thankful for camp.  It feels like my safe place.

No comments: