Wednesday, December 3, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Ok Ok Ok...So I know that I give other bloggers out there grief about not updating enough. I'M SORRY! Now I understand. I'm single and have NO children and I haven't had time to write in almost a month!
.................................................................................
The last month has been a daze...where has the time gone? Well, first there was Thanksgiving preparations, then Christmas decorating and I'm currently in a production called "Army Lives" and practices have kept be busy... Speaking of "Army Lives" I'd love for you to come and see it. We are doing two free open seating and free...yes FREE performances on December 6th at 7:00pm and December 7th at 10:00am. Tickets are still available for our dinner theater performance on December 7th-10th. Tickets are $13.00 and include a GREAT meal. Let me know if you want tickets and I'll leave some at will call for you!
..................................................................................
Thanksgiving was great. I drove to spend the day at my Aunt and Uncles house in Statesboro. My dad and step-mom drove up and we ate yummy food and got to spend sometime together. My Grandmother lives in Statesboro now and it was great to see her as well. I drove back home that night to meet my mom to begin the Black Friday shopping madness. We have started a tradition of going shopping at the outlet malls at midnight. We found some pretty great deals. After hitting the outlets we decided to head to Wal-mart to check out the Christmas decorations. We arrived around 3:15am or so and there was no one in the store...as a matter of fact there were only a handful of cars in the parking lot. The friendly Wal-mart greeter informed us that the sale didn't start until 5am and we were not allowed to put anything in our cart until then! After a little investigating we realized that this no cart rule was only for the door buster sales. We went to the Christmas decoration section...loaded up the buggy and went to check out. On the way to the check-out stand we realized that the store was becoming crowded and there were people just standing around doing nothing...turns out they were hovering over their precious sale items. Mind you this was at 4:00am and they still had an hour to wait...We proceeded to check out and as we were leaving it was almost impossible to get out the door with all the crazy hovering, sale-stalking stoppers rushing through the doors. By the time we loaded the car and headed out, the parking lot was completely full! I'm no super shopper, but I tell you Black Friday shopping is pure entertainment!
..................................................................................
I'm still loving my new home. The Christmas decorations are up and they look fabulous! I even have 3....yes T-H-R-E-E trees! There is beautiful lighted garland on my stair rail, and lighted trees on my front porch....wait I guess that means I have FIVE trees! I love this time of year!

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

You're back, whoo hoo! Post some pictures of your trees. I would love to see them.

Michelle said...

I am so glad you are enjoying your new digs...AND the you were very good in the play!